Sports fans are some of the most demanding and passionate consumers. Their passion for the team and athletes they support translates into expectations of extensive coverage at speed. So say hello to Sportal365!
Sportal365 is more than the world’s first sports CMS. It’s an API powered headless tool that lets sports media publishers, bookmakers and sports right holders cover the sports world at speed, and on any device.
Sportal365 is trusted by organisations from any size such as Bet365, Livescore.com, GSP, Bwin, Sportal.bg and many others. That trust is based on our product’s flexibility to match each client’s requirements. This is also the reason why we are backed by the largest media network in Europe – Ringer AG
Our community using the CMS to create meaningful and informative stories is growing, and we need the best minds to help us continue developing this unique product.
Join us and let’s shape the future of the sports industry together!
We are looking for a senior Java backend engineer to join our core product development team.
- Technical design of new features and improvements to existing code base
- Create, maintain and improve technical documentation
- Advise team on best development practices and processes
- Continuous improvement of development processes and technical solutions
- Developing microservices using Java and Spring Boot
- Work independently and within a team in a dynamic agile environment and workplace
- Translating functional requirements into a maintainable, high-quality codebase
- Creating reusable libraries for usage in Java microservices
- Optimizing applications for performance, maintainability and scalability
- 4+ years of experience in a software engineering position
- Excellent knowledge of Java and Object-Oriented Programming
- Excellent knowledge of the HTTP protocol and RESTful API concepts
- Experience with designing and querying relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with distributed systems: messaging queues, data synchronization, data caching
- Experience with Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience with facilitating code review process
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery workflows
- Strong self-organizing skills and ownership of deliveries
- Strong communication skills
- Open mind to new technologies and workflows
- Nice to have:
- Experience with building high traffic applications (> 100 requests per second)
- Experience with building Docker images and using Docker Compose
- Experience with NoSQL data stores (e.g MongoDB)
- Spring Boot
- Work from anywhere: We’re a remote-first company.
- Latest technical tools, so that you can be always up to date
- Premium medical, dental and vision coverage
- Competitive salary and additional benefits packages
- Parental Leave
- Work in a fast growing tech company backed by the largest media network in Europe
- This process takes up to 2 weeks, but we are happy to adapt to your specific needs.
- Face to face chat with the Talent Acquisition Team or the hiring Manager
- Technical assessment
- Meet the team (with a few people from Sportal365)
- References check
- Values assessment